cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject True OO for servlet service
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 18:53:42 GMT
Hello,

I don't have that much time to spend these days on Cocoon but I would really like to see true
Object
Oriented approach implemented in upcoming[1] release of cocoon-servlet-service. The main task
is
tracked by COCOON-2038[2] where Rice Yeh has uploaded his patch implementing true OO behaviour
in
servlet-service-fw. According to Rice, this patch contains a bug-fix as well (details in the
comments).

After reviewing Rice's patch I decided that we really need test coverage for this quite complicated
functionality for both ServletServiceContext class usage clarity and casual hunting for bugs.
Daniel
pointed me to another bug report (COCOON-1939[3]) that involves OO aspects of servlet-service-fw.
That makes point about test coverage even more strong.

What I would like to ask you for in this e-mail is to add additional tests to
ServletServiceContextTestCase class that exhibit problems mentioned in both issues. As soon
as I
have working test cases I guess that fixing problems would be quite easy. Since it was you
who
discovered problems it should be quite easy to write tests for them, too.

Alexander and Rice, can I count on your help with this before next release in late September
is cut?

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/74999
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2038
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1939