cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: The future of the cron block
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:15:49 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> I'm wondering what the opinion about the future of our cron block is? Do
> we need such a thing at all? Could we just use the quartz support of Spring?
>
> If we keep it, should we refactor it?
>
> Now, I'm asking this because currently I need a scheduling service in a
> non Cocoon environment (OSGi based). I thought of just using our cron
> block but soon found out that there is no separation between api and
> impl, a lot of Cocoon specific stuff mixed in, dependencies to Avalon
> directly in the API etc.
> My feeling is that if we think about keeping this block, we should clean
> it up and solve these issues.
>
> WDYT?
I have stopped using cron block as soon as Spring guys introduced their
own integration. It would be enough to create a helper class that allows
to call a pipeline easily in Spring pure environment and deprecate the
rest. Oh wait, there is such class: PipelineUtil...

--
Leszek Gawron                         http://www.mobilebox.pl/krs.html
CTO at MobileBox Ltd.