cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: cocoon-template incompatible change
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:42:13 GMT
Joerg Heinicke skrev:
> On 27.08.2007 7:35 Uhr, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> Actually I don't know - this is a think I have on my long
>> "nice-to-have-wish-list-for-cocoon" for years now, but never had time to
>> look into. I hope that we could just reuse something - if we have to
>> implement the whole stuff ourselves, then I would forget about it. But I
>> guess that there is something out there.
>
> The JSTL 1.1 reference implementation is provided by Apache Jakarta
> Taglibs [1]. For 1.2 it's supposed to be available in Glassfish.
>
> Joerg
>
> [1] http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/
I took a look at the tag api [2] and it is based on java.io.Writer for
output. So this makes rather hard and inefficient to use it as a Cocoon
generator. As any STL implementation need to implement the
javax.servlet.jsp.tagext to be usable with JSP I doubt that we can reuse
any existing implementation more then as a reference. OTH it might not
be that much work to implement a few of the basic STL taglibs in our
template framework. They [3] seem very similar to JXTG, so we probably
just need to provide modified implementations of our current tags [4].
Or maybe I'm missing some subtle details.

/Daniel

[2]
http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/2.1/docs/jsp-2_1-pfd2/javax/servlet/jsp/tagext/package-summary.html
[3] http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/jstl/1.1/docs/tlddocs/index.html