cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: cocoon-template incompatible change
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:04:16 GMT
On 27.08.2007 4:17 Uhr, Leszek Gawron wrote:

> ok, int this case cocoon template behaves properly:
> <root xmlns:jx="http://apache.org/cocoon/templates/jx/1.0">
>     <foo:foo xmlns="http://foor.org/bar/1.0">
>         <something/>
>     </foo:foo>
>     <foo:foo>
>         <something/>
>     </foo:foo>
> </root>
>
> raises an SAXParseException.

I guess it does not even get to the templating stuff. It's the XML
parser that should complain.

> what about this one:
>
> <root xmlns:jx="http://apache.org/cocoon/templates/jx/1.0">
>     <foo:foo xmlns="http://foo.org/bar/1.0">
>         <something/>
>     </foo:foo>
>     <foo:foo xmlns="http://muu.org/foo/2.0">
>         <something/>
>     </foo:foo>
> </root>
>
> I get also org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The prefix "foo" for element
> "foo:foo" is not bound.
>
> this works properly (switched default namespace to foo namespace):
> <root xmlns:jx="http://apache.org/cocoon/templates/jx/1.0">
>     <foo:foo xmlns:foo="http://foo.org/bar/1.0">
>         <something/>
>     </foo:foo>
>     <foo:foo xmlns:foo="http://muu.org/foo/2.0">
>         <something/>
>     </foo:foo>
> </root>

It's twice the expected behavior. In the first example the default
namespace is set, but prefix foo is not bound. In the second it is. It
is as simple as this: A namespace declaration for a particular prefix
must be declared either on the element with the prefix or on one of its
ancestors (parents) to be in scope.

Joerg