cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: cocoon-template incompatible change
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 11:28:31 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler skrev:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>
>> We had a discussion about what to have in a new CTemplate language, see
>> http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=110942299719102&w=2. Maybe it is
>> time to review if the ideas there still holds and then continue the work
>> on creating a CTemplate language
> Why not adding support for jstl instead of inventing our own wheel?

Seem like a good idea, JSTL core and JSTL XML (what is the difference?)
seem to contain about the same functionality as JXTG. I would have
prefered getting rid of the set tag though.

Any idea about how to implement it? Is there any SAX generating
implementation that we could embed and reuse as a generator? Or maybe a
STL implementation that we could reuse inside our template framework? Or
do you mean that we implement the STL tags oursevelves?

/Daniel