cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cocoon-template incompatible change
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 08:43:24 GMT
Leszek Gawron pisze:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>>
>> Simply removing this instructions is not the best option because there
>> would be a lot of junk
>> (namespace declarations) laying in Object Model when, in fact, we
>> would be out of this namespaces.
>
> Doesn't NamespacesTable take care of that?

It does but it's really not clear that we put object (NamespacesTable) on ObjectModel and
modify it
afterwards. That's why I decided to put it again every time it is modified to keep everything
as
clean as possible.

I saw that you removed this from StartPrefixMapping. I would like to strongly underline that
it's
*not* reliable solution because it does *not* fix all scoping problems but only the one you
have
come with.

With template code following:
<root>
<jx:if test="true">
  <jx:set var="foo" value="bar"/>
</jx:if>
<test>${foo}</test>
</root>

Will result as:
<root>
<test>bar</test>
</root>

instead of:
<root>
<test/>
</root>

I'm going to add this as another test case.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski