cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Introduce component/module specific version fields in JIRA
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 00:21:23 GMT
On 26.08.2007 7:29 Uhr, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

> Unexpectedly, Nils Kaiser has come up with much better and, in general, less intrusive
solution. He
> proposed[3] to introduce custom fields where information about version specific to the
*component*
> would be stored.

I don't want to rain on the party again, but have you checked the
approach with infrastructure team? I fear this effects all projects and
I'm not sure they want to do this.

Second I wonder if this really works (or if I misunderstood something).
Nils only seems to talk about an additional field to differ between
"global" version (like Cocoon 2.2) and component version (like CForms
1.0). I guess you can't add component-specific select options to the
fields. I don't see a logical reason that Jira has support for this
while it has not the same for the existing version fields.

My vote is +1 though.

Joerg