cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: cocoon-template incompatible change
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 15:54:15 GMT
Leszek Gawron pisze:
> Hello,
Hello Leszek
> previously (all my software bases on this behaviour) if a variable was
> declared at imported template it was available further on:
>
> <!-- macros.jx declares foo variable -->
> <jx:import uri="view/macros.jx"/>
> <tags>${foo}</tags>
>
> previous versions showed: <tags>bar</tags>
> currently the scope changed and the template produces: <tags></tags>
>
> this produces the expected result:
> <!-- lets declare foo ourselves -->
> <jx:set var="foo" value="..."/>
> <!-- macros.jx modifies the tags variable -->
> <jx:import uri="view/macros.jx"/>
> <!-- works as expected -->
> <tags>${foo}</tags>
>
> was this intentional?

I guess it's due to my changes regarding switch to new Object Model and
it was not intentional. Even thought the bahaviour you are describing is
natural it seems that no code in Cocoon samples rely on it. What's more
important, it seems that it's not covered by test cases. If it was I
could spot the regression.

Leszek, I could help you with it but to avoid confusion I would need
complete test template with exactly expected result. However, I'm not
sure when I will be able because I have broken my openSUSE installation
(too much experiments with RAID). Nevertheless I suggest to create a new
issue.

If you want to debug it yourself let us know if you need advices on how
to debug Cocoon 2.2.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski