cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: Wicket integration
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 14:26:27 GMT

(http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-servlet-service/cocoon-servlet-service-sample/src/main/resources/META-INF/cocoon/spring/cocoon-servlet-service-demo1-servletService.xml).
>  One of them is the Sitemap servlet which, as you might expect,
>  exposes sitemaps. Basically it shouldn't be a problem to load the
>  Wicket servlet this way either but the servlet-service-fw doesn't
>  forward all the necessary environment information.
>
>  I'm not sure what the real benefit of this integration is, but I want
>  to give it a try and find out myself. One thing that I can think of
>  is the usage of the servlet protocol to access Cocoon pipelines from
>  within Wicket and vice versa. This should make it possible to use
>  Wicket instead of cForms in Cocoon applications.

What I would like to add is that our users already tried[1] to do so. I
don't know Wicket architecture so I'm not sure how hard it would be to
call pipelines from there. When it comes to Cocoon side, I believe that
modiciations to the current code would be minor. AFAIR,
BlockCallHttpServletRequest class already has access to the original
request so it can forward whatever is needed. It's matter of
implementind methods that would delegate to the original request.
You may find COCOON-2066[2] interesting.

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.user/61153
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2066

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski