cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Wicket integration
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 13:50:01 GMT
Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
> * Reinhard Poetz:
>
>> Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
>>
>>> During the  traditional Hackathon,  developers and  users will
>>> team up to discuss the Cocoon  internals and work side by side
>>> on current Cocoon issues.
>> I've created a wiki page to collect relevant information (ideas,
>> who will come, etc.) about the Hackaton.
>
> I read this:
>
> [ReinhardPoetz] I want  to work on the  servlet-service-fw so that
> the Wicket servlet is servered with the environment it needs.
>
> Can you expand a bit (unless  it has already been discussed), that
> rings a bell to me and it looks interesting.

hehe, I was already hoping for some reaction from you ;-)

The Cocoon servlet-service-framework allows to mount *any* servlet
(http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-servlet-service/cocoon-servlet-service-sample/src/main/resources/META-INF/cocoon/spring/cocoon-servlet-service-demo1-servletService.xml).

One of them is the Sitemap servlet which, as you might expect, exposes sitemaps.
Basically it shouldn't be a problem to load the Wicket servlet this way either
but the servlet-service-fw doesn't forward all the necessary environment
information.

I'm not sure what the real benefit of this integration is, but I want to give it
a try and find out myself. One thing that I can think of is the usage of the
servlet protocol to access Cocoon pipelines from within Wicket and vice versa.
This should make it possible to use Wicket instead of cForms in Cocoon applications.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc