cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Why has the PanaoidCocoonServlet disappear ?
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 07:25:13 GMT
Olivier Billard wrote:
> Hi Jean-Baptiste !
>
> Thank you for your quick reply.
>
> Didn't you mention the 2.1 part of the SVN repo ? Maybe was it not clear
> in my post, but I am talking about Cocoon 2.2 :).
> Searching a bit, I found some information about the shielding servlet
> service, that seems to do that job, replacing the ParanoidCocoonServlet.
> Is it ?

yes, right. See
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/dev-docs/2.2/maven-plugins/maven-plugin/1.0/1361_1_1.html.

The Cocoon deploy plugin offers a "deploy" goal which can be configured to use
the shielding classloader. The goal rewrites the web.xml to bypass all servlet,
filter and listener calls and uses a shielding classloader which reverses the
classloader hierarchy the same way as the ParanoidCocoonServlet did for 2.1. It
also adds the necessary classes to your webapp. In short, the shielding stuff is
only a configuration option.

The note, that the plugin hasn't been released yet isn't valid anymore. It is
available at version 1.0.0-M1.

If you try it out, please let me know if it works for you as expected. (I've
only tested it in a very simple scenario so far ...)

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc