cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: GSoC final report
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 21:30:49 GMT
You have done an excellent work Grzegorz. Unified expressions will
simplify usage of Cocoon and your refactoring will simplify development
of Cocoon. Above that you have done a lot of good community and
infrastructure work and helped revitalizing the community. Thanks to all
your discussions Cocoon has been rather active during the summer.

During GSoC you had to force yourself to go in to part of Cocoon where
only the bravest dare to go, you killed some of the mosters that where
lurking there making it safer for the rest of us and managed to survive
the process ;)

I would guess that GSoC was both tougher and more rewarding than you had
expected. During the summer you had to deal with the challange of
applying theory on complex "real world" problems, to prioritze between
what is important and what is not. Most of your co-students will not get
these learnings until they do they master thesis or start to do work or
research.

It has been a pleasure to see how you have matured and grown in
confidence both as a program developer and as a community participant.

For me it has taken a lot of work to participate in all the technical
discussions. But it has of course been very flattering to se my name and
suggestions cited all the time ;) And to see my vague suggestion, be
concretizied, improved and end up becomming working code.

While I have lot of expeience in teaching, coaching and mentoring IRL,
this is the first time I have mentored someone that I never have met
IRL, over email. I'm supprised that it has worked so well. An important
factor is that you have written so much on the list so that I have been
able to see what is going on.

Thanks for you great work and dedication during this summer.

/Daniel