cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GSoC final report
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 15:18:11 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski pisze:
> Carsten Ziegeler pisze:
>> Really great work, Grzegorz!!
>
> Thanks for words of praise to you and others. It's really kind. :)
>
>> Cocoon has produced many really useful and cool stuff over the years.
>> Your work shows that it's possible to refactor this into reusable
>> modules which can be used outside of the traditional Cocoon framework
>> like the el stuff (or the spring configurator etc). And i think that
>> this is the way to go.
>
> Yes, I couldn't much more agree.
> I would like to help any effort aiming at making Cocoon more modular and
> could even drive such. First step is always getting rid of Avalon as it
> effectively stops us from having more declarative approach on
> joint-points between modules (see ObjectModelProvider and joint-point
> between cocoon-expression-language and cocoon-sitemap modules). Next
> thing is to move functionality in broad interest of other modules to
> separate module (see COCOON-2125 for example of such move).

Oh, and there is one more thing, if you use Eclipse you probably use mvn eclipse:eclipse command
in
order to import all Cocoon modules to Eclipse. Apart from the fact that mvn eclipse:eclipse
is buggy
it sucks miserably when it comes to refactoring, especially when new modules are created (or

generally dependencies are changed). Fortunately enough, there is another way to import project
into
Eclipse.

I'm going to create a new post on my blog "How I work with Cocoon in Eclipse" or something
like this
and explain how to work develop Cocoon effectively.

Now getting back to Math work.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski
*** My Internet Service Provider breaks my internet connection                ***