cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Pipeline components and Object Model issues
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2007 19:04:31 GMT
Peter Hunsberger pisze:
> On 8/19/07, Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakowski@apache.org> wrote:
>
> <snip/>
>
>> Same goes for all other SAX events. It's actually one extra get and two puts calls
on Map. Rather
>> lightweight, yes?
>>

> I don't really have time to dive into all the details of the
> discussion, but Map calls themselves are not necessarily
> "lightweight".  If the map itself can grow to any large size then a
> get or a put isn't necessarily trivial...?

Good point. This map contains references to beans' instances in pipelineScope. Given the fact
that
it will contain one instance per bean configuration this map will be rather small (less than
10
items). Currently it will contain at the most one item.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski
*** My Internet Service Provider breaks my internet connection                ***