cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New expressions' syntax
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2007 11:02:32 GMT
Rainer Pruy pisze:
> OTH, I just read in the "Default Expression Language" thread, it might
> be necessary for supporting sevaral languages in parallel.
> With this, indicating the language used with a certain syntactic scope
> is no longer responsibility of a (per block) configuration only.

We are only talking about _default_ here that should be application or block-wide setting.
If you
want to use language other than default you just write:

{languagePrefix:expression}

> While at xml element level, an EL can be indicated using a special
> attribute, this does not help with mixed content or attributes of such
> elements.
>
> From my point of view, this does require a special syntax for
> expressions/string templates. Leading to a setup where a given syntax
> ({}, ${},%{},etc.) can be bound to an EL by the configuration, providing
> a means for compatibility with "old" syntax bindings.
> For the future I'd prefer a syntax that allows for indicting an EL by
> expression/string template. A simplified syntax could be used for a
> "default EL" also set with the (block level) configuration.
>
> Not having thought it to the end, I currently imagine a syntax of say
> "%tag{...}" where tag is a (prebound) indicator of an EL and "{...}" can
> be used for default EL. This would also provide for a trivial escaping
> if there is a "verbatim" EL that uses the expession/template as verbatim
> value. (Ok, granted, it only will work for cases where balanced "{}"
> will occur, other cases will need a per character escape means or a way
> of specifying that a complete string or expression is to be used verbatim).
>
> Just a view stray thoughts...

I guess you missed my first mail[1] of this thread where I explained how one would choose
language
other than default. Such syntax is already implemented.

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/74640

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski
*** My Internet Service Provider breaks my internet connection                ***