cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: New expressions' syntax
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2007 22:28:27 GMT
On 17.08.2007 14:15 Uhr, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

> This leads us to small but very important question: how we wrap new
> expressions? If I'm not wrong, current preference  has been to wrap new
> expressions in {}, Daniel confirms[1] this view.

Hey guys, you are starting to confuse me. Up to recently I thought we
are moving to ${}. That's why I asked few days ago. Now it is {}. And
Daniel's proposal of JSR-245 points to ${} again. Yes, of course it is
pluggable, but at some point we have to decide for a default one.

Actually I'm ok with both as long as it is "unified". Be it JSTL style
or AVT style (attribute value template of XSLT).

> If choose {} as wrapping characters everything put between
> this characters will be considered as expression.

> We would need to escape {} wrapping characters:

> It's ugly, don't you think?

That's probably why it is only *attribute* value template in XSLT. It
works only in attributes and {} in attributes is highly unlikely. But
I'm ok with {{ for escaping.

> We could come up with %{}, !{} or whatever is not used yet.

I want to have fewer not more! ;)

Joerg