cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Pipeline components and Object Model issues
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2007 21:21:24 GMT
On 19.08.2007 16:30 Uhr, Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> We could do something similar for sitemap components and
> maybe go further and have convention based autoviring so e.g. a set
> method that takes a ServletRequest automatically get the one from the
> call injetcted.

No auto-wiring in Spring - it's considered to be evil ;) And what you
call convention-based auto-wiring is supported by Spring anyway, so
there is no need to do anything. Spring supports auto-wiring by type and
by name [1]. So if anybody really wants that, he can activate it.

(With exception of the request since it is not available as Spring bean.
So you have to invent something else anyway.)

Joerg

[1]
http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.0.x/reference/beans.html#beans-factory-autowire