cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FYI: New Continuum instance
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2007 19:45:41 GMT
Reinhard Poetz pisze:

> Grek and Brett, many thanks for making this happen!

No problem from my side :)

> However, after getting dozens of messages when a build problem occurs in
> one of our core modules I wonder whether we shouldn't go back to the
> former configuration of having only one Continiuum project. Or do I
> overlook some advantage of the Continuum project per module setup?

Reinhard, do you refer to latest 51 BUILD ERROR messages? They are caused by the fact our
Apache svn
repository is down. I wanted to avoid these messages but found no way to disable building/notifying

  for some time, unfortunately.

I wanted to bring discussion on multi-project vs one-project Continuum setup but I was to
busy with
implementing new stuff for Cocoon.

Thinking about current situation when almost every module depends almost only on snapshot
versions
of other modules I agree with you that Continuum could be too noisy because of failure in
some
common module. However, I think that we should aim at reducing number of snapshot dependencies
even
amongst Cocoon modules. If we get to this point somewhere in the future we could consider
multi
project setup again.

What's more, Brett told me that he already proposed some improvements in this area to Continuum
team
and he believes Continuum notification should get better shortly. This may allow us to return
back
to multi project setup sooner than we expect it.

As for now, do you want me to change our setup?

BTW, there are still some issues with notifications that do not make it to our list but I'm

dedicated to fight this problem and Brett already offered his help.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski