cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Division of Cocoon's JIRA project
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2007 16:33:36 GMT
On 19.08.2007 11:27 Uhr, Ralph Goers wrote:

> I don't want to see Cocoon portal under COCOON_BLOCKS only to have it
> changed later.

This makes me realizing that there will be another drawback: All our bug
references will be broken, e.g. in mails or status.xml. I guess
associating an issue to another project is not a functionality provided
by Jira meaning that COCOON-XYZ gets redirected to COCOON_CORE-ABC
afterwards. It's probably done directly on the database. If that's true
we should avoid to change it too often and need a good first shot - or
avoid it at all and only introduce new Jira projects for new
modules/projects like spring-configurator or servlet-service-framework.

Joerg