cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Division of Cocoon's JIRA project
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2007 16:16:27 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko pisze:
>> I would hazard a guess that impossibility to plan independent releases
>> in JIRA, assign issues to specific version will be main cause for
>> failing to do independent releases.
>
> We agreed long ago to do more time based releases and less feature based
> releases. There is no need for Jira to plan time based releases.
>
> Moreover, there is also no need for Jira to plan feature based releases
> as well. You can as easily use status.xml (see todo section) to track
> features needed for a particular release.

Vadim, I may be biased in favour of JIRA because I use it quite extensively (as you can see

yourself) but from my own experience JIRA offers us much more than plain text.

Sorry but I don't really understand if you are joking here but taking your course of argumentation

we could say that version control system is redundant because we can do well with simple bash
script
that will make snapshots for us regularly. No need to install svn client, learn its commands,
etc.

JIRA offers nice, graphical overview over progress of particular release, can produce release
notes
automatically, and so on.

Have you tried Mylyn (Mylar in the past)? I think that Mylyn is killer plug-in for Eclipse
that
makes task creation very easy and _natural_.

> Don't be. Think of a bright side - status.xml is easier and faster to
> edit than Jira! :)

:)
Let it be a joke ;)

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski
*** My Internet Service Provider breaks my internet connection                ***