cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fe...@otego.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: B-Fabric does not run on Windows]
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 22:24:48 GMT
Hi Can

I have it up and running.

Long and heavy problems and short story:

Long and heavy was to get all the stuff you need under windows running.
Short story:
After having checked out everything, adapted postgresql passwords and ssh
keys and built the core modules via
cd [b-fabric]\
mvn clean install

I open 3 DOS windows (supposing [b-fabric] as root directory):
1. Window
cd activemq-server
mvn clean install activemq:run -Pfgcz-dev

2. Window
cd b-fabric-fgcz
mvn clean install sql:execute -Pfgcz-dev
cd ..\workhorse-fgcz
mvn clean install exec:java -Pfgcz-dev

3. Window
cd b-fabric-webapp
mvn clean install jetty:run -Pfgcz-dev

Conclusions:
Windows Vista 64-bit (it's probably not a specific problem of 64-bit) is =
not
usable anyhow! Whenever you've a chance please use any other version but =
NOT
Vista!!!

Felix

PS:
I had some problems with the connections to the db as well under windows,
but this solved my problems:
postgres.conf
- max_connections =3D 1000

I agree shouldn't be needed and Giacomo is on the way with the DAO
migration.