cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject [HEADS-UP] Changes to Sitemap's TreeProcessor
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 14:54:08 GMT
Hello,

I've applied changes in r567057 that were discussed here[1]. Briefly speaking, this change
allow us
to switch to new unified expressions by changing one line of configuration in this[2] file:

   <property name="stringTemplateParser"
ref="org.apache.cocoon.el.parsing.StringTemplateParser/legacySitemap"/>

If you change it to:

   <property name="stringTemplateParser"
ref="org.apache.cocoon.el.parsing.StringTemplateParser/default"/>

You will immediately get a possibility to use new expressions in sitemap, like:

   <map:transform type="xslt" src="style.xsl">
     <!-- here we assume that default EL is JXPath -->
     <map:parameters name="param1" value="{$cocoon/request/parameters/param1}"/>
   </map:transform>

While that is neat it could introduce very unexpected problems and bugs. I've touched very
core
functionality of TreeProcessor and it was first, brave attempt to introduce Spring to TreeProcessor.
:-)

I tested my changes and everything seems to work as before but I don't understand all constructs
in
TreeProcessor so some obscure problems may arise.

Please test new changes with your applications and report problems so we can fix them ASAP.

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/74529
[2]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-sitemap/cocoon-sitemap-impl/src/main/resources/META-INF/cocoon/spring/StringTemplateParserVariableResolver.xml

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski
*** My Internet Service Provider breaks my internet connection                ***