cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon Spring configurator
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 07:09:15 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler <at> apache.org> writes:
>
> Carsten, when I recommended the bean map today [1] I wondered how it actually
> works. The documentation talks about jar drop-in [2] which does not seem to be
> the full truth. Please correct me if I'm wrong ...
:)

> The BeanMap looks for all beans of a particular type. Therefore the beans needs
> to be registered in the application context.
Yes, that's true - so you can use the bean map "standalone" without
using anything else from the configurator.

> So far so good, but here I think
> the drop-in fails. Even if the jar includes the configuration the bean does not
> get added automatically to the application context. Only the other parts of
> Cocoon Spring configurator enable this functionality. (If that's correct this
> should better be added to the BeanMap documentation.)
Yes, that's true - the bean map is just a map of some registered beans.
Together with the other functionality of the spring configurator you get
 the automatic configuration stuff - and if such a configuration
contains beans for the map, they are added to the map of course.
Yepp, I think this needs some clarifications in the docs.

> Which class exactly does
> this? And how much stuff is hard-coded in it? You don't want to have paths like
> /META-INF/cocoon/spring when using Cocoon Spring configurator independently from
> Cocoon. It's probably not that hard to change but we should do it before
> propagating it :)
There are constants defined in
org.apache.cocoon.spring.configurator.impl.Constants.

So changing this is very simple. The whole loading is done through own
xml elements (the "settings" element). Most classes in
org.apache.cocoon.spring.configurator.impl deals with this stuff.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org