cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject FYI: New Continuum instance
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 06:40:38 GMT
Hi,

With help of Brett Porter I'm just in process of creating new Continuum setup for Cocoon at
a new
Continuum instance[1]. Brett told me that old one when we used to have Cocoon built is going
to be
shut down soon.

The advantages of a new instance are significant:
1. It's Continuum 1.1 that supports build profiles and one of already set up profile is "Java
1.4"
that we can use so Cocoon is checked against compatibility with Java 1.4. Nice, don't you
think? :-)
2. It's less bloated. Old Continuum was a real mess and as Brett told me it had almost no

maintainers. This may change.
3. It's considerably faster and has new neat options like projects group.
4. Broken notifications should work now.

For the beginning I'll try to replicate old setup and if it works we can discuss if we want

something to adjust. If you want to be added to project group developers (so you can edit
settings
for Cocoon) just register at Continuum and give me your username.

[1] http://vmbuild1.apache.org/continuum/

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski
*** My Internet Service Provider breaks my internet connection                ***