cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Division of Cocoon's JIRA project
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 13:00:26 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler pisze:
> I don't want to slow down this vote, but looking at the list, I have
> several questions:

I already slowed down it for so long so don't worry ;)

> - why are some modules from cocoon core not listed under cocooncore?

Which ones?
After taking a look at components at this page:

I see that I forgot to mention that all remaining components under Core will be moved to COCOONCORE.

> - why a separate Jira project for the servletservice? and why not for
> others that mind stand on their own?

Servlet service is subproject. I guess you have in mind configurator, right?
If so, I agree with you that it should have its own JIRA project. I just forgot about it.

On the other, this vote is about _dividing_ existing COCOON project. Since there is no corresponding

component for configurator subproject there is nothing to divide. I agree that we should create

separate JIRA project but we should vote it separately, IMO.

> - why separate projects for some blocks? Why exactly these?

I've taken list of modules and blocks released by Reinhard as RC1 and collated with this [1]

I think that we should create separate JIRA projects for artifacts that are already released.

Especially if creation of all projects would be troublesome (believe me, it's a lot of work).

> - what about the remaining blocks?

As soon as new blocks are released we can call a new vote. I wanted to focus on piece doable
for me
and Joerg (assuming his offer to help is still open).

Grzegorz Kossakowski
*** My Internet Service Provider breaks my internet connection                ***
*** incessantly so I'll not be able to respond to e-mails                     ***
*** regularly and my work will be somehow irregular.                          ***
*** I'm already trying to switch ISP but it will take handful amount of time. ***

View raw message