cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Division of Cocoon's JIRA project
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 12:41:29 GMT
On 15.08.2007 8:13 Uhr, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> - why are some modules from cocoon core not listed under cocooncore?
> - why a separate Jira project for the servletservice? and why not for
> others that mind stand on their own?
> - why separate projects for some blocks? Why exactly these?
> - what about the remaining blocks?

These are probably the so-called "core blocks" that we are going to
release with Cocoon Core 2.2. If other blocks justify their own project
in the future we can add them as well. The most important should be to
get a start. The list only lacks a project for all the "other blocks",
COCOONBLOCKS should be ok.

On 15.08.2007 8:18 Uhr, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> hmmm, the main benefit of having seperate Jira projects is that we
> can have seperate version numbering schemes for each project.

I think it makes sense to not introduce a separate Jira project for
EVERY project that might have (or already has) a different version
number. See also COCOONBLOCKS above. Having the list of versions reduced
to a meaningful set of this group is already advantageous.

> Apart fromt that I miss COCOONCONFIGURATION.

Seems to be a good addition.

> (Btw, would it be possible to use underlines, e.g. COCOON_CONFIGURATION
> to increase readability?)

I guess it's not possible. None of the Apache Jira project keys has
another char than the alphas. This is also true for Spring and Hibernate.

Joerg