cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Division of Cocoon's JIRA project
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 12:18:47 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have discussed JIRA split up several times now, the last time in this
> thread[1]. Since infra team raised concerns on proposed JIRA project
> identifier we agreed on adding "COCOON" prefix to every identifier. I
> posted updated proposal with topic "Division of Cocoon's JIRA once
> again" asking if there are any objections and for month there have been
> none.
>
> I would like call vote on division of Cocoon's JIRA project into several
> smaller ones as outlined below.
> The list of projects with proposed JIRA identifiers in brackets:
> - Cocoon Core (COCOONCORE)
>   includes following artifacts:
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-pipeline-api
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-util
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-xml-api
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-pipeline-impl
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-xml-impl
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-pipeline-components
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-sitemap-api
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-thread-api
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-sitemap-impl
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-sitemap-components
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-xml-resolver
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-store-impl
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-thread-impl
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-core
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-core-main-sample
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-expression-language-api
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-expression-language-impl
> - Servlet service framework (COCOONSERVLETSERVICE)
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-servlet-service-components
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-servlet-service-impl
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-servlet-service-sample
> - Template (COCOONTEMPLATE)
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-template-impl
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-template-sample
> - Flowscript (COCOONFLOWSCRIPT)
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-flowscript-impl
> - Database (COCOONDATABASE)
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-databases-mocks
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-databases-hsqldb-server
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-databases-hsqldb-client
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-databases-impl
> - Forms (COCOONFORMS)
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-forms-impl
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-forms-sample
> - M2 Plugins and archetypes (COCOONM2)
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-maven-plugin
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-rcl-spring-reloader
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-rcl-webapp-wrapper
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-22-archetype-block
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-22-archetype-block-plain
>   * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-22-archetype-webapp

hmmm, the main benefit of having seperate Jira projects is that we can have
seperate version numbering schemes for each project. But looking at e.g.
COCOONM2 I don't see how this can be achieved because all modules that it
contains already have different version numbers. If I want to report a bug I
don't know which version number I have to choose.

Apart fromt that I miss COCOONCONFIGURATION. (Btw, would it be possible to use
underlines, e.g. COCOON_CONFIGURATION to increase readability?)

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc