cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Expression Block
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:39:38 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> I still have to disagree. It's also important from user's perspective
> because block is something that has structure of block (contains folders
> src/main/resources/META-INF and src/main/resources/COB-INF) and can be
> used as block.
> Core module is just piece of code that user is going to use without any
> consideration. Usually, user is not going to choose which core modules
> to use but she is going to choose blocks usable for developed application.
:) Okay, I see your point and you're most propably right - although we
might have blocks that don't have COB-INF etc. and I might not want to
use all core modules. So we should be prepared to make them optional
where possible, e.g. if I don't want to have javascript support for the
expression language stuff etc.

> Full name is "cocoon-expression-language-*" so module's name consists of
> segments "expression" and "language".
Ah, ok, I see, I would go with "el" for the package name then :) In
general you are right that its better to use all segments but I guess
that there will be exceptions to this rule :) So, best would be to have
module names which consist of just one single name.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org