cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <>
Subject Re: Expression Block
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:22:47 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler pisze:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>> I'm don't think that expression is a block, I would rather say it is a
>> core module.
> :) Yes, you're right (although the difference from a user perspective is
> very subtle).

I still have to disagree. It's also important from user's perspective because block is something

that has structure of block (contains folders src/main/resources/META-INF and
src/main/resources/COB-INF) and can be used as block.
Core module is just piece of code that user is going to use without any consideration. Usually,
is not going to choose which core modules to use but she is going to choose blocks usable
developed application.

> Oh, yes, that's fine - my comment was not meant as critics but just as a
> possible improvement.

Ok, I'll try to take care of it in the future, when we know how expressions are used and what

functionality module contains.

> Hmm, what do you mean with segments?

Full name is "cocoon-expression-language-*" so module's name consists of segments "expression"

>> I'm lost here, could you elaborate?
>> I thought that both should use o.a.c.expression.language.something
> Yes, that's correct, but the api might use o.a.c.expression while the
> implementation should use a different package like o.a.c.e.impl (or
> something more appropriate). We should not have two modules providing
> classes in the same package.
> We can't ensure this for "old stuff" but we should do this for new stuff.

I see. As long as Ralph do not convince us why this might be wrong I'm fine with your proposal

Grzegorz Kossakowski
*** My Internet Service Provider breaks my internet connection                ***
*** incessantly so I'll not be able to respond to e-mails                     ***
*** regularly and my work will be somehow irregular.                          ***
*** I'm already trying to switch ISP but it will take handful amount of time. ***

View raw message