cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Expression Block
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:01:18 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:
> Why?  It can create some interesting problems if the package for the
> impl is different than the API as you sometimes want to use package
> scope in the API and you won't be able to.  Frankly, creating an
> interface named Something and an impl named SomethingImpl should
> suffice.  I can't speak for Eclipse, but with IntelliJ finding the class
> is dirt simple so that shouldn't ever be a consideration.

Hmm, I'm not sure if I want to use package scope for public api :)
Now, my main reason for this is OSGi where I can simply hide classes
based on packages. Split packages, containing both api and impl - or
public and private classes - is a pain there.

And speaking of ides, I would rather only import the api library to be
sure to not use private classes. In the case of also importing the
implementation, the different package names give at least a hint.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org