cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Expression Block
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 08:53:11 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> while briefly looking at the new and interesting expression blocks, some
> things we should change came to my mind.
>
> - We should use a consistent package naming scheme - I know that we
> haven't done so in the past, but we should strive for this in new
> blocks. So for the api, the package names should be
> o.a.c.{block}.something where something can of course contain sub
> packages. I know that this stuff comes from the old template block, but
> it contains new interfaces so we can change the package as well.
>
> - The same goes for the implementation, it should start with
> o.a.c.{block}.somethingelse and do not use the same packages as the api.

Why?  It can create some interesting problems if the package for the
impl is different than the API as you sometimes want to use package
scope in the API and you won't be able to.  Frankly, creating an
interface named Something and an impl named SomethingImpl should
suffice.  I can't speak for Eclipse, but with IntelliJ finding the class
is dirt simple so that shouldn't ever be a consideration.

Ralph