cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Expression Block
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 08:19:11 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> I'm don't think that expression is a block, I would rather say it is a
> core module.
:) Yes, you're right (although the difference from a user perspective is
very subtle).

> I agree we should correct packages in expression module but as you
> already pointed out the mess comes from Template block.
> What's more, there was a lot of things to clean up (e.g. helper classes
> and object model initialization, test cases) that I had to do first. I
> haven't found enough free time to restructure package names.
Oh, yes, that's fine - my comment was not meant as critics but just as a
possible improvement.

> When it comes to proposed naming guideline I'm fine with it, only
> wondering about block/modules with names made up from more than segment.
> Should package look like:
> o.a.c.{segment1}.{segment2}.something ?

Hmm, what do you mean with segments?

>> - The same goes for the implementation, it should start with
>> o.a.c.{block}.somethingelse and do not use the same packages as the api.
>
> I'm lost here, could you elaborate?
> I thought that both should use o.a.c.expression.language.something
Yes, that's correct, but the api might use o.a.c.expression while the
implementation should use a different package like o.a.c.e.impl (or
something more appropriate). We should not have two modules providing
classes in the same package.
We can't ensure this for "old stuff" but we should do this for new stuff.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org