cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Expression Block
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 06:09:59 GMT
Hi,

while briefly looking at the new and interesting expression blocks, some
things we should change came to my mind.

- We should use a consistent package naming scheme - I know that we
haven't done so in the past, but we should strive for this in new
blocks. So for the api, the package names should be
o.a.c.{block}.something where something can of course contain sub
packages. I know that this stuff comes from the old template block, but
it contains new interfaces so we can change the package as well.

- The same goes for the implementation, it should start with
o.a.c.{block}.somethingelse and do not use the same packages as the api.

- I'm wondering if we need a separate ExpressionCompiler interface. What
about adding the compile() method to the Expression which then eiter
compiles the addresses expression or returns a compiled version?

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org