cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: What's the use of fillContext method
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2007 15:13:52 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko pisze:
>> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>>
>> Can you explain what are those 'component parameters' to be made
>> available during pipeline execution? Do they exist in 2.1?
>
> Yes, Daniel had in mind parameters passed from sitemap, those you
> declare that way:

Like:

  <map:transform type="xslt" src="...">
    <map:parameter name="param" value="some value"/>

?

Well in this case, IIRC, these are *not* available in Cocoon 2.1 during pipeline
execution. Is there, given huge price of implementation, a reason to make them
available in Cocoon 2.2?

>> It looks *very* heavy, especially since it's done for *each* sax event
>> on *each* step of the pipeline. I'd like to avoid doing stuff like
>> this as far as possible.
>
> It's basically price of having ObjectModel (and environment in general)
> as a singleton object (actually it's scoped to the execution of block,
> but it's not important here).

How parameters above relate to ObjectModel? I'm confused. Especially if we
assume they are not needed. :-?

> On the other hand, we could introduce a new scope, like Daniel already
> suggested[1], and extend it so new scope is created not only when
> entering the sitemap but also when entering the pipeline component. It's
> the only solution that comes to my mind, now.
>
> WDYT?

Still not sure how all this relates, so do not have good opinion.

Vadim