cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What's the use of fillContext method
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2007 14:34:18 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko pisze:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>> Daniel Fagerstrom pisze:
>>> What is most complicated (and something we maybe don't have to care
>>> about), is making the right component parameters available while
>>> executing a pipeline.
>
> Can you explain what are those 'component parameters' to be made
> available during pipeline execution? Do they exist in 2.1?

Yes, Daniel had in mind parameters passed from sitemap, those you declare that way:
<map:parameter name="param" value="some value"/>

> It looks *very* heavy, especially since it's done for *each* sax event
> on *each* step of the pipeline. I'd like to avoid doing stuff like this
> as far as possible.

It's basically price of having ObjectModel (and environment in general) as a singleton object
(actually it's scoped to the execution of
block, but it's not important here).

On the other hand, we could introduce a new scope, like Daniel already suggested[1], and extend
it so new scope is created not only when
entering the sitemap but also when entering the pipeline component. It's the only solution
that comes to my mind, now.

WDYT?

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/74319

--