cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Strange dependencies in 2.2
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 16:31:22 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler pisze:
> I would also be great if the cocoon-expression-impl could be split up
> into separate modules, so only if I want to use the javascript stuff I
> have a dep on rhino etc.

Yes, that is on my TODO list and with current design (where ELs are just Spring beans) it's
really easy to perform such split up. It's a
matter of Maven modules creation and moving code. I'll create an issue for it. Feel free to
assign it to yourself, I'm already loaded with
lots of work.

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Hi,

Hi Carsten

>> while briefly looking at current 2.2 I noticed some strange
>> dependencies, for example cocoon-expression-api depends on another impl
>> and cocoon-expression-impl (being part of the core packages) depends on
>> a block impl.
>>
>> If this is just a transient state ignore my message, but if not this has
>> to change - we have to keep the deps clean and as small as possible.

Yes, it's a transient state. We used to have stuff in cocoon-expression-api that depended
on impl modules but I already cleaned up code. I
forgot to clean up pom, though.

There is a handy tool in Maven called dependency:analyze, that prints this information:

grek@grek:~/asf/cocoon-trunk/core/cocoon-expression-language/cocoon-expression-language-api>
mvn dependency:analyze
[...]
[INFO] [dependency:analyze]
[INFO] Used declared dependencies:
[INFO]    None
[INFO] Used undeclared dependencies:
[WARNING]    None
[INFO] Unused declared dependencies:
[INFO]    commons-collections:commons-collections:jar:3.2:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-pipeline-impl:jar:1.0.0-RC2-SNAPSHOT:compile
[...]

That helps to manage dependencies. From its output we can easily see that pom needs clean
up.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski