cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: pom poms
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 17:56:40 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>> PS It was a one command affair in 2.1 time - does it *have* to be a
>> *huge* pain in the ass with maven and 2.2?
>
> This has nothing to do with maven

Is it? :)

> - we now have different release cycles
> for the various arifacts. It is no longer one single monolithic
> application you built - it is an assembly of several parts. And all have
> their own versioning etc.

Yes but this does *not* make it impossible to assemble a tree which would
consist of all (even separately) released artifacts which can nicely work
together and you can still build all of them in one go using single command line
command.

Just to illustrate the point, in case above was not clear, it could be:

tags/
  \-- cocoon-2.2-rc1/
       |-- core
       |    |-- cocoon-core (copied from cocoon-core-2.2-rc1 tag)
       |    |-- cocoon-pipeline
       |    |    \-- cocoon-pipeline-api (copied from cocoon-pipeline-api-2.2rc1
tag)

So - as mentioned on the top of email - it is huge pain to assemble such a tree,
but it is absolutely possible to do.

Vadim