cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: pom poms
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 16:51:39 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko pisze:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>> Vadim Gritsenko pisze:
>>

>> What's the use of building released artifacts if they are on public
>> mirrors ready for download?
>
> I'm paranoid! :-O

LOL ;-)
If it helps your aberrations, all binaries are signed! :-P

> PS It was a one command affair in 2.1 time - does it *have* to be a
> *huge* pain in the ass with maven and 2.2?

Because C2.1 and C2.2 differ in basis. In 2.1 we had one, monolithic release performed from
whole tree of source code. Now, we have
independent releases cycles and one of consqeuences of such approach is that one Cocoon's
artifact can (and usually should, if possible)
depend on another Cocoon's artifact that is released. That means the released Cocoon's artifact
is no way different from external artifacts
when treated as dependency.

It's like being disappointed that it's hard to build all our external dependencies like Spring,
commons, etc. and ask for one magic command.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski