cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Cocoon 2.1.x - Portal] Optimization
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 08:29:58 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:
> Carsten,
>
> Will StaticProfileManager support multiple portal layouts?  I believe
> our current setup is using AuthenticationProfileManager where each site
> is a different role.
I assume you mean different portlets (or different structures) with
multiple layouts? Then the answer is no :)
The static profile manager is meant for portal like web sites where
everyone sees the same structure.

I started work in 2.2 for sharing the layout tree between users. As I
did this nearly one year ago...i'm not quiet sure how far the
implementation is, but I think there are only one or two minor things to
do (whatever they are...).

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler