cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: pom poms
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 06:39:16 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>>> I don't think it is, in this case. There is a new element -
>>> configurator:bean-map - which is not part of 1.0 - so 1.0.1 snapshot
>>> must be used.
>> Ah, ok - sure, then lets release 1.0.1 :)
>
> So what are you waiting for?! :)

To be honest, I have no idea how we do the release in 2.2 right now. If
someone gives me some hints, I'll do it.

> I get it... But this comes at a great price of not being able to build
> Cocoon with sane amount of work. What I would like to avoid is to do
> something like this manually:
>
>  * rm -rf ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/cocoon
>  * Checkout cocoon-configurator-api tag 1.0.0
>  * mvn install
>  * mvn source:jar
>  * Checkout cocoon-spring-configurator tag 1.0.1
>  * mvn install
>  * mvn source:jar
>  * Checkout cocoon-doohickey-ho tag 1.2.3
I want that one! Where is it? :)

>  * mvn install
>  * mvn source:jar
>  * (... repeat another 100 times ...)
>
> What I would like to do is:
>
>  * rm -rf ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/cocoon
>  * Checkout cocoon tag 2.2-RC1
>  * mvn install
>  * mvn source:jar
>
> I see how I can do former for all artifacts comprising current RC1
> release; do you have a suggestion on how to do latter?
Hmm, sorry I don't get your problem - if a module is refering to a
released artifact of cocoon, let's say configurator-api 1.0.0, than this
is in the global repository. Sure if you remove your whole local
repository, then you ran into problems when building with -o option.
But why do you want to delete your local repository?
I would replace the "rm -rf ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/cocoon"
with a version that only removes snapshot from the mentioned directory.
That should solve your problem I think.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler