cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: pom poms
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2007 23:14:15 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>> I don't think it is, in this case. There is a new element -
>> configurator:bean-map - which is not part of 1.0 - so 1.0.1 snapshot
>> must be used.
> Ah, ok - sure, then lets release 1.0.1 :)

So what are you waiting for?! :)

>>> As the
>>> configuration stuff is nearly the only stuff which has a final release,
>>> it just there that we use the version. Now, why it fails, I don't know
>>> as these artifacts should be in public repositories.
>> (see -o flag, forces complete local build)
>>
> Hmm, in this case it's a dependency like one to any other third party
> lib - if you build with -o and don't have it in your local repo the
> build will fail. If you don't have the spring jar in your local repo it
> will fail as well. I don't see any difference here.
>
> Believe me, we have to remove the snapshot dependencies as soon as
> possible. It's a mess right now. (Of course without releasing we can't
> change this)

I get it... But this comes at a great price of not being able to build Cocoon
with sane amount of work. What I would like to avoid is to do something like
this manually:

  * rm -rf ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/cocoon
  * Checkout cocoon-configurator-api tag 1.0.0
  * mvn install
  * mvn source:jar
  * Checkout cocoon-spring-configurator tag 1.0.1
  * mvn install
  * mvn source:jar
  * Checkout cocoon-doohickey-ho tag 1.2.3
  * mvn install
  * mvn source:jar
  * (... repeat another 100 times ...)

What I would like to do is:

  * rm -rf ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/cocoon
  * Checkout cocoon tag 2.2-RC1
  * mvn install
  * mvn source:jar

I see how I can do former for all artifacts comprising current RC1 release; do
you have a suggestion on how to do latter?

Vadim