cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <and...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: GT2007 (was: Re: Wicket integration)
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 06:34:08 GMT
Hi Grzegorz,

On 23 Aug 2007, at 16:46, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

> Grzegorz Kossakowski pisze:
>> Reinhard, thanks again for invitation!
>>
>> I'm just calculating costs of such journey, but I guess thanks to
>> my participation to GSoC it's going to be affordable for me.
>>
>> I'll post definitive informations soon.
> Ok, I'm almost decided to see you at GT! :-)
>
> However, I need to sort out some issues first with booking flights.
> I have never been abroad and never have been to such event so
> please be tolerant to my, most probably, dumb questions.

There's no such thing as dumb questions - if you're wondering, others
probably are too!

> What are exact timings of each day? I guess that I'll have to
> arrive to Rome on 02.10.2007 and leave on 06.10.2007 because I have
> no flights for Wednesday morning and Friday evening. Does it make
> sense?

With the hackathon on 3rd and 4th, people often arrive during the
first day (and some the day before depending on travel budget). But
if there are no suitable flights morning/evening it would certainly
be good to arrive the day before. I'm sure many of us will be around
and available for beers :-)

> What are your plans? Anyone arriving on 02.10.2007 to the Ciampino
> Airport?

I'm not sure on my flight plans, but I'd bet there will be others
arriving then.

> What about hotels? Can you recommend something?

I hope Gianugo or some of our Rome Cocoonistas will post some
suggestions ... Simone? Gabriele? Maurizio? PING! :-)

> Gosh... I'm little scared. ;)

You're going to love it - and Rome is a fantastic (multo bene) city
to visit!

Thanks,

Andrew.
--
Sourcesense: Making sense of Open Source
Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135