cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alfred Nathaniel <anathan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Division of Cocoon's JIRA project
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2007 20:34:32 GMT
On Sun, 2007-08-19 at 17:44 +0200, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> What I mean is that one release cycle should have one Jira project. As soon as
> we have two modules that have _different_ release cycles and managed by _one_
> Jira project, I don't understand what we gain compared to the status quo.

Personally, I don't believe that the idea of different release cycles
will fly for very long.  In the end there will be the same sort of
problems getting a grip on the version compatibilities which made the
Eclipse people invent the Callisto approach.

And with 100 open JIRA issues, I don't see the necessity of splitting
into smaller parts.  Splitting also assumes that the reporting user is
able to pinpoint the part where his particular problems stems from.  If
he makes a mistake there, we can correct it by changing the project to
which it refers -- but that breaks each time the URL.

So here's my -0.

Cheers, Alfred.