cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From joa...@verona.se
Subject imageop suggestion
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 12:17:00 GMT
The imageop block is quite useful for image operations, much more so
than the imagereader in the core. It would be nice if it could be
released.

However there seems to be some problems with rotation code.
I mostly managed to get lots of black areas, and spurious image
fragments in the rotated image.

I had a look at the cocde and its not obvious what a rotation should
do, which I think is the root cause of the problem. (that is, what
should be the bounding box, where should the anchor for rotation be etc)

I propose hiding the general rotation operator, and implementing a
rotate-at-right-angle operator.

This special case is IMHO the most useful type of rotation, its
obvious how it should work, and could be more easily implemented and
perhaps optimized.

I can implement this if the list decides this is a good idea. (I will
probably anyway for my own needs). The general rotation operator could
be tackledd later, but wouldnt be necessary for release.

--
Joakim Verona