cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: JSP integration
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 19:53:12 GMT
On 12.07.2007 05:31, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

> Basically, you need to register JSP servlet as Spring bean, then you can
> connect to it from other servlet (Cocoon block) using its bean's Id and use
> servlet:/ source for this.
>
> All needed functionality is already there and working, it's a matter of
> providing sample and (really preferably) some documentation how to
> utilize servlet-service-fw functionality to integrate with JSP.

How is that supposed to work with JSPs where Jasper (when using Tomcat) needs to
kick in and compile the JSPs? From what I understand other servlets need to be
registered in Cocoon (or the underlying Spring container). Doesn't that make it
a servlet container in a servlet container? This approach still seems to suffer
from the "almighty Cocoon" syndrome (doing everything itself, not delegating
stuff to e.g. the servlet container).

Joerg