cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject spring webflow
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 13:23:14 GMT
> I really, really want to integrate Cocoon with Spring WebFlow as I
> feel that that is a much more workable solution than trying to
> build applications using flowscript or javaflow and this only
> really makes sense with 2.2 since it is Spring based.

You brought this already a couple of times.

Years and years ago (when I was still working at dff) we developed a
xml based flow engine way before what we call flow these days
existed. It was so horrible to maintain that we dropped it. Maybe
just the lack of tools ...or maybe just the lack of resources writing
those tools ...but I am still afraid when ever someone pushes into a
similar direction. There was also a talk at FOSDEM about such an
approach and I only barely could hold back to comment during his
talk ...he was so excited and convinced about the solution. For us
just a minimal flow resulted in so much xml ...bah! Make sure you
evaluate it's what you really want before you go down that road.

Just my 2 cents

cheers
--
Torsten