cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: imageop suggestion
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 22:56:27 GMT
joakim@verona.se pisze:
> The imageop block is quite useful for image operations, much more so
> than the imagereader in the core. It would be nice if it could be
> released.
>
> However there seems to be some problems with rotation code.
> I mostly managed to get lots of black areas, and spurious image
> fragments in the rotated image.
>
> I had a look at the cocde and its not obvious what a rotation should
> do, which I think is the root cause of the problem. (that is, what
> should be the bounding box, where should the anchor for rotation be etc)
>
> I propose hiding the general rotation operator, and implementing a
> rotate-at-right-angle operator.

Can you explain how this operator would work? I don't have much experience with image processing
so I may miss something obvious.

> This special case is IMHO the most useful type of rotation, its
> obvious how it should work, and could be more easily implemented and
> perhaps optimized.
>
> I can implement this if the list decides this is a good idea. (I will
> probably anyway for my own needs). The general rotation operator could
> be tackledd later, but wouldnt be necessary for release.

Feel free to submit patch that will include this new operator, adjusted sample and test case.
I'm very happy that you want to spend some
time on imageop block and make it ready for a release.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski