cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Releasing Cocoon 2.2 final
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 20:04:33 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom pisze:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski skrev:
>
> We just set an unconditional release date. If people are motivated to
> improve documentation that is fine. Otherwise we release with
> documentation as is. The only thing that is strictly necessary is that
> we publish the existing 2.2 documentation.

After revising our docs I can agree with you.

> To that I would add a release plan:
>
> RC2 - in a week, this time with an anouncement (given that we have a
> willing release manager)
> RC3 - a month after RC2
> 2.2 - a month after RC3
>
> We can skip RC3 and go directly to 2.2 if we are in a hurry. The idea is
> that we release unconditionally as is on these dates. If we decide for a
> certain feature or piece of documentation we will continue to just wait
> for ever.
>
> OK, we could go for 2.2 directly without any RCs, I will not vote
> against it. But one or two RCs will give us some valuable user feedback
> and it will also increase the interest during a longer period.

I think that RC2 will be enough. I have been playing with Cocoon for my hobby purposes and
it seems to work ok. If there are some serious
problems (that are currently uknown) we can always make a new, fix release *after* releasing
2.2. Further testing does not give us much, IMO.

The only question remaining[1] is who will perform the release?

> I ignored the thread because I have no Internet on my sailing boat ;)

:-)

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/74337

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski