cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to register MockProcessInfoProvider?
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 11:43:12 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> "A lot of incompatibilities" is an exaggeration. If we just let or
> Request, Response, Session and Cookie extend the corresponding http
> servlet ones, we would just get a few minor incompatibilities that IMO
> would be rather minor in comparison with the benefits of using a
> standardized API.
:) exaggeration is better than downplaying (not implying that you're
doing this here). With "a lot of" I meant for the users. I know a lot of
code where a request.getSession() is called and stored in a variable of
type o.a.c.e.Session. If we change the signature of this, well all these
places have to be changed.

But as you outlined, it is not that hard to do the changes. Doesn't
eclipse have this out-refactoring feature (or whatever it is called)?
Where you add a refactoring description to a new jar and through this
description the client code is automatically refactored?

> So to summarize, it would be a great benefit to let our environment
> abstractions extend the http servlet ones and the cost would be low. So
> it is time to do it.

I still think we should release before those changes.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org