cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] consider me inactive
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 21:46:18 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko pisze:
> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>
> If it helps... And if you are going to start any new project any time
> soon... Consider using 2.2 in "compatibility" mode. Basically, you can
> set it up to work exactly as 2.1, with the added benefits of Spring
> integration and so on. Here, we are using M3 snapshot configured like
> this and it works out fine. I'm planning on updating to RC1 soon... Let
> me know if you want to know more about such setup.

Vadim, what about writing such description independently from Bertrand needs so our users
could benefit?

> Yep, I'm not up to date on new services framework myself.

Vadim, I remember that I have not responded to your e-mail regarding services:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/73790

I knew that you are talking about REST-style services and I didn't know much more than standard
hype about REST design but I was just about
borrowing "RESTful Web Services" book from our local JUG leader at the time. Now, I almost
completed the book and can give insightful
clarification on cocoon-servlet-service-fw vs RESTful architecture and methodology. Where
are similarities and where are not.

I have written some bits of such document but I've just got to know that I have to leave and
stay offline until Sunday so I'll probably
publish it on Monday and everyone will (hopefully) get a chance to understand what is a scope
of servlet-service-fw despite the
functionality is actually in there or is just planned.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski